Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Dance Show

thinking, hmm

scary lift 

still scary

The moment before I flip over that way -->

ballet

concentration face

 
looking very elegant

There were no photos of me in my point dance
so I cropped this one out of me and my friends backstage


The dance show was absolutely amazing and there were no disasters. I wasn't dropped and I didn't fall over (nearly during the pointe dance though). I was so nervous especially as our jazz dance 'pencil full of led' was the first dance of the show and me and my friend were opening it with a lift, so scary. This year was also my first ever pointe dance which wasn't as hard as i thought it was going to be but still tricky when shaking like a leaf because of nerves. 

Every year we have a professional photo company who take photos during rehearsals and on both nights of the performances. I had my nan and dad come to watch on saturday then my mum, best friend (emma) and her mum watch on sunday. I definitely performed better on the saturday but oh well. 

I always get so scared and stressed in the run up to the dance show, worrying like crazy about it but then after it's all over i just want to do it again; this really annoys my mum. I love dancing on the stage and this year it was to a record breaking audience of over 300 people. Yeah that did not help the nerves at all.

Overall the dance show was superb and i really can't wait to do it all over again next year.

toodlepip 
x